Seven Easy Home Heating Tips!
January 03, 2020
The holidays are over, and that can leave us feeling blue in more ways than one. To avoid the blue tinge on your skin that comes from excessive cold, try these simple tips to keep your home warm and your spirits up!
- A programmable thermostat gives you greater control over your home’s temperatures quite easily with remote access.
- Open your curtains during the day to let the sun shine in! It’s free and nothing cheers you up like sunshine.
- Choose insulated blinds or thicker curtains and close them tight at night to seal in the warmth.
- According to Energy Star, using plastic heat-shrink window coverings is a great way to insulate your home.
- The Department of Energy offers a Do-It-Yourself Home Energy Audit to help you find and seal leaks, inspect your insulation, and more. For a more thorough audit, contact a professional.
- Adding plants to your home creates more humidity, making your home feel warmer – plus it’s a super way to add a little green to the colder months!
- Call us for regular HVAC maintenance at 901-362-1881.